Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"Suckle the baby, cockle the man...."

DAMN, thats why I love CSI, they always say something that makes me think.

This particular episode found a very powerful man dead due to his fetish....

INFANTILISM...

He wanted to be babied by his wife/mistress, for one of two reasons:

1. He will never love any other woman but his mother.
2. He was never shown love by his mother.

This really got me to thinking. I raise Kaeven alone and I for damn sure don't want him being a mama's boy.....
On the other hand, I don't want him missing out on his motherly love, bad enough, he's missing out on his fatherly love.....

As I further contemplate these scenarios, I find myself looking at all the men I have ever dated and their relationships with their mothers.

BD- His mother or father, they were busy getting high, so his grandparents raised him. Imagine selling drugs, being in a crackhouse, and seeing your mother giving head for a crack rock....

[In my head, Nas's lyrics to "Rest of my Life" playing...."My man gave his mommy coke/So she wouldn't hit the block all crazy for the smoke/DAMN NIGGA, could you picture you supplyin' your own moms/so she don't have to bone for DIMES?/Or give dome for nicks' in the roofs of the projects/where dogs shit and PISS...." I can't help but thinking of him everytime I hear that part....cause he did actually begin to supply her]

PCC- Never knew his mother, his mother left him in the hospital when he was born....his exact words, "My mama didn't want me...."

Derry- Loves his mother but isn't a mama's boy....

Puddy- Loves his mother.

My G'- His mother told me her stories of her drug binging days...and he too told me stories about being in ran down apartments with no lights....

The Filipino- No mother horror stories....

My ex- His mother suckled him. Was very overprotective and what not...but he loved and respected her. However, look at him now. (Refer to "We Can't Be Friends")

The love a man has for his mother will display in the way he treats you. This is something I've come to understand. No wonder my relationship with my child's father didn't work, he doesn't respect women. How can you, if you don't respect your mother? As for PCC, look at how he gets down....can I blame his mother?

Puddy, Derry, my ex and the Filipino, were/are very respectable chivalrous young men....shit, if it hadn't been for them, I would've forgotten how a woman is to be treated....

In short, I want Kaeven to be the best man he can be without having a positive father figure, at the same time I don't want to baby him. Thats hard when you don't have a man around telling you:

"Hey that boy is too old....":

"For you to be wiping his ass..."
"He can make his own cereal...come here boy..."

Thanks to my ex, Kaeven now wipes his own ass....
Thanks to my G, Kaeven now makes his own cereal...
Thanks to me, Kaeven now makes his own sandwiches and pours his own drinks (only if I have to mop the kitchen floor anyway, he misses the cup most of the time)

But without those few, brief male interactions, I learned its time to step Kaeven's "man" game up....

But as I stated, those male interactions are very few and brief.....
How am I to know when to step the game up a few more notches?
I'm not a man(although I have penis envy) and I can't teach him how to be a man.
I can just teach him what I know.

I guess what I'm asking is...
How do I know when I am being too motherly? When do I lay the chest shots on him? Or should I?

I don't want my son to be a "mama's boy", "gay", or a "womanizer".
I do know that my son, can never say my mommy doesn't love me!

[Side note: Today in the supermarket(do only white people say supermarket?..*lol*), after we left the bank and I gave him $5, he sees a "blaster"(his word for a gun) and asks me to buy it for him. I say, "You have your own money", so he gets it and tells me, "Thanks MOM, you're the best!!", I wanted to cry.....I think I'm gonna cry now...since we're not in the store anymore..]

I need MANLY advice on raising a son, I know my male bloggers are good for some advice.
Not that I'm having a hard time, but I just want to be "the BEST", which is hard to do when 2 people should raise a child and there's only one. You're bound to make some mistakes, where your counterpart would pick up where you fell off....

I know I would have a better shot raising a girl, cause I KNOW GIRLS....
But this man to man stuff....got me stumped....



Oh yea, thanks to all the X weed heads that give me encouragement on kickin the weed habit....I don't know what I would do without all of my blog friends and family. Yall are my support system, the one I never had.....
*tears*

Smooches...*lol*(Dynasty)
Thanks for reading...*lol*(RobMack)
Peace and another blunt of that hoodoo....*lol*(Insanity)
Don't slip...*lol*(Big Daddy Kane)

I still don't have a sign off...*lol*

Maybe I'll try....

Til the next time MUTHAFUCKAS(or any other cuss word)!!!...*lol* But yall might not like me cussing at yall....tell me what yall think?..*lol*

19 comments:

Charles said...

Whoa whoa whoaa!!! You're givin up the trees??? I don't know why that stuck out to me, especially since I don't smoke...but I know people who do it chronically. Good luck witht hat. But that infantism thing...that's so disgusting on so many levels. Whoa...CSI is definitely on some shit. But yeah, I've heard that you can tell alot about a guy given the relationship with his mom. I love my mom, she's the strongest woman I know...but, I do stand on my own two.

Nika Laqui said...

You late Charles, that was soo yesterday....*lol*

Where's my manly advice?...*lol*

Nika Laqui said...

I can tell you have a GREAT Mother, through your writing...

Mr. Smart Guy said...

My moms married my dad straight out college... 3 years later, he got caught cheating and she went at alone for about a nice amount of time... in the process, she had to raise 2 boys on the South Side of Chicago, while working to keep food in our mouths and clothes on our back...

I'm not a mama's boy any stretch but I love my moms for doing what she had to do when my dad wasn't taking care of his business...

Shit, Moms put me into sports because she didn't want me out in these streets. She took me and my brotha to Grand Crossing to play catch and had different dudes come around to talk to us about life stuff she couldn't handle...

Just know that loving your son will NOT make him a punk at all... just smack him upside his head if he start tryna coordinate dance routines...

The Brown Blogger said...

Bring the boy over here...

Black Bluechip said...

Hey I'm with Jorge on that one. I've never met my pops,I had 3 uncles who were all on that rock strong, so they were no help. My grandparents didn't want any part of me cause I was born out of "wedlock". So it was just me and my mom's growing up in the 100's. She worked 3 jobs to put food on the table. My mom's kept me in football, and basketball. I'll never forget I'd be at practice while she was hauling meat at Moo & Oink. There I had coaches that served as role models without them even knowing it. I got my share of ass whoopings and more than enough love and I turned out fine. I got two Bachelors degrees to prove it. So my answer is keep him in sports, out the streets, and close to you. He'll forever be grateful.

MZPEACH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MZPEACH said...

Kaeven can go down in record books. Find out what he likes and make him the best at it. It can be chess. Maybe he is talented at writing, spelling. Find his niche, and finesse it. I notice a lot of black mother's really don't take the time and make their children the best. Not even my own sisters. Once you have had more than one, it's kind of difficult to afford making your child the best. But you have one, so you can. Can you tell I am rambling..lol. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Nika Laqui said...

Thanks for all yalls comments...

Jorge and BlueChip, I'm glad yall made it out alive and well.

GeorgiaPeach, you so crazy...But I feel you on staying alive...Thats my worst fear because there's no one else in Kaeven's corner, if I shall die...

Tony, you said it would be apparent NOW if he's gay? HOW? How do I know? I mean he likes the Power Rangers and I think that is gay...*lol* He has a girly voice (we sound alike) and he talks like a white kid...

thee modern isis said...

deep post. Something I often wondered about. I'm trying to raise my kid brother, who's 8 going on 45. His father punked out on him from birth and he is now looking towards our grandfather as a male role model. I often and still worry about how he will be when he gets older.. and I can only pray that he makes the right choices in life. So I have him in baseball now.. and am in the process of getting him in a mentoring program. Aside from growing up with me, his granny and his aunts .. he is the most polite and sweet boy I have seen in a long time..I shope he stays that way.

I really can't offer much advice.. but to keep him involved in lots of extracurricular activities, pop him when he gets out of line but don't ease up on the love he's getting from you. Seems like you're doing great..keep up the good work.

Ms.Honey said...

Not sure if I like that mothafa part lol sike let me stop do what you want girl it's your blog..anywho I dont' have any kids so can't really offer advice but from what I've read (since I haven't seen ya in action lol) I'd say your doing a good job as long as you get the point across that you love him no matter what I'm sure he'll be fine.

i like liquor and tv said...

you'll be straight, just don't let him skip rope..and double dutching is out of the question.

divine oasis said...

i love csi!!!

yep, u're the only one i know that uses the word "supermarket"

i'm a single mother raising a year and a half old boy. so, here's my manly advice, give your son love and comfort. u are his mother. rock that out. now when he gets to be older, let him be a man, he'll show u how. all u'll have to do is guide at that point.

if u don't want a mama's boy, then don't interfer with his relationships with women and let him do for self (when the time is right.) don't let him play in your makeup or wear your purse, either. lol.

basically, don't worry about what could go wrong. just love him.

love peace and balance!

Nika Laqui said...

Damn Honey Libra, You looking GOOD!!!

Cool Tony, we watch Carmelo games and boxing together. He doesn't watch girlie shows, he watch all silly boy shows like Jetix,Jimmy Neutron, My Dad is a Rock Star...*lol* all white kid shows...

As far as Barbie's, I let him play with them when he's with a girl...matter of fact, I was in there playing with them...*lol*

But he does know what gay is, he knows that 2 boys or 2 girls kissing is gay...He said he not gay....*lol*

Divine Oasis..*lol* I guess I'm white talkin to then, I say cupboard instead of cabinet...*lol*

I do cut out all that whining cry baby shit....and when he falls, I tell him get up and keep running, "you aiight"...except that one time he fell down a whole flight of stairs, I was worried, but he was fine....

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

A Heater Post to say tha Least.

divine oasis said...

cupboard??? girl, u are hilarious! LOL.

Nika Laqui said...

Those Jetix shows have something to do with it too...cause I definitely don't say "totallyrefic"...thats his word...*lol*

brwn_eyes_brwngirl said...

I agree with you say about how a man treats his mom is how he will treat you...I've always been told that from my mom... and I also know that we choose are men base on the men that raise us...I learn that from my dad. But I think you raising your son will be just fine.

I always remember this quote, sadly I don't remember the author, but a black woman once said, "We as black women love our sons, and raise or daughters." which is very true, many times a mother will be more loving for a son than what they would tolerate for a daughter that age...just remember to love him but raise him at the same time.


peace

Nika Laqui said...

Yea I've heard that quote too, and it is so true. I think if my mother gave birth to a son, she would've never kicked him out at 17...

But see my thing is I have to raise him as well as love him...because often times those mothers that loved there sons, those men don't turn out to well because they know mama will bail them out at any given time....

My son will know I have his back, but in the same breathe, if he fuck up and go against what I taught him, I'm not bailing him out.

Thats what some mothers tend to do with their sons, allow them to contiunuosly fuck up and always be there for them in regards to the quote....