Wednesday, June 14, 2006

BLAH, BLAH, BLOG

First of all, I just want to thank everyone who commented on my previous post.
Thanks for all the support, believe it or not, you guys have motivated me.
I appreciate that.
2 more days this week will put me at 5 days....
I wouldn't been able to do it without reading you guy's comments daily.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

I feel GREAT!!!!




I moving...




to Dallas.


My mind is made up!



Unless some great job offer comes my way soon.


Overall, I think it would be best for me and my son.

I'm not to fond of the school system there, but I can always supplement Kaeven's homework to make sure he is ahead of the class.



I've been looking at the apartments and for what I pay here, I could have twice as much square feet in a 2bed/2bath, townhome.....



Not to mention, even the bad neighborhoods in Dallas are nowhere in comparison to the "good neighborhoods" in Chicago.


Wherever those "good neighborhoods" exist....




There is no such thing, just areas of lower crime....

The job market is less competitive and the pay rate are higher.


So tell me why am I here, struggling?


When I could have a $16 hr. job right now if I move......


What do I really have here to keep me?


Support?



No.



A family?


No.


A man?



No.


A job?



No.


Friends?



No.

The only thing that will be missed, is the hustle and bussle of the city streets....

If my "so called friends" are really friends, they can always come to the south....

Oh yea, the music will be missed.


Other than that, I can and will be financially able to get my grill...*lol*

And people won't be lookin at me all crazy, cause its the norm in the south....


Don't forget that beautiful tan I will have, which will become my permanent skin color, hopefully, from baking in the Texas sun.....

I have been job and apartment hunting in Dallas.


If all goes well, I'll be outta here by the end of August....



If I don't get shot first......

HEY DO YALL REMEMBER?!?!?!

That TV series, "South Central" with Larenz Tate and Maia Campbell, back in 1994?

I hated when FOX took it off the air after 10 episodes, that was a great show, portraying a single black mom, struggling to raise her children right, in the ghetto....

30 comments:

MZPEACH said...

I was tired of not being first damn it! Texas sounds interesting. Is there a lot of job opportunities available there, even with the Katrina evacuees being your most competition in the job market?

You better not get shot Insanely!

South Central was one of the best black shows! I remember. Fine ass Larenz Tate.

Nika Laqui said...

What I've noticed about the Dallas job market is, they are quicker to hire a "Yankee" than a "southerner" so I'm not worried about the evacuees as competition....

Tell these wild ass west side niggas to wait til I get in the house before they start shooting....

MZPEACH said...

Yeah, I would think so too. They are like that at my job.

That's why you should move to the EASTSIDE!

thee modern isis said...

congrats on the big move. i'm debating on doing the same, moving from the midwest to down south but we'll see what happens. good luck ma.

On yeah.. South Central was the shit, but of course they can't keep nothing like that on the air with black people struggling and still maintaining positivity.

*takes a moment for Larenz*

The Brown Blogger said...

No friends, huh?

Interesting

TLC said...

I am de-lurking after months of reading to tell you I think your blog is fantastic.

I wish you well in all that you do.

Gallis said...

What's the worst that can happen? You hate it, so you move back, or somewhere else. A lady I used to work for ended up moving to Texas when her husband got transferred there. They absolutely love it and have no regrets.

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

just curious why dallas?

Black Bluechip said...

I just wanted to give you some insight from somebody who made that move. I'm a Southside nigga till they close that casket but sometimes you gotta make a move in order to make a move. I moved from the crib to Houston a couple of years ago and it's a whole new world. First off you make a hell of a lot more money! And you get to keep it. Think about this, no state taxes coming out your check no high as gas bills.

As far as competition for jobs with all the Katrina victims. Dallas doesn't have the problems that Houston does with that issue. Dallas has more jobs and less N.O. evacuees.

Man I hope you and your son make that move. It was the best decision that I've ever made.

By the way big fan of your blog, keep doing your thing.

Rashan Jamal said...

i remember that show, somebody had a Black owned grocery store, right? Anyway, do what you gotta do for family. Dallas is nice, its just hot as a mf out there.

Ms.Behavin said...

No reason to stay where you are? Better opportunity, elsewhere? Movin' sounds good to me!! Good luck! Do you know anyone there?

The Brown Blogger said...

No friends, huh?

Interesting.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

congrats...it seems that u answered the right questions about staying or going...no friends, family...fukk it...way to go...gotta do what's best for you and your kid...

Nika Laqui said...

Rev., I lived in Dallas before and I know Dallas, like I know Chicago...
Besides, per my sister, I was so much happier when I lived in Dallas...

BlueChip, Thanks, you made a very poignant statement.."sometimes you gotta make a move in order to make a move.", so true!!

Ms. Behavin, I have some family there, my father, uncle...

Nika Laqui said...

T.Cas, Cliffton Powell, owned the store where the mother worked...

Gina said...

don't sweat it! We roll as a group of 5 so make the place and we will be all up in there...! What is this shit about you ain't got no friends...what is we?LOL!

i like liquor and tv said...

I remember South Central. I think it was on around the same time the PJ's was on. Didn't J-Lo work in the grocery store?

Good move girl. I'd move to Texas just for the BBQ.

NegroPino™ said...

Dallas? IF thats the case..BOston has very low crime..good jobs.....come here

Nika Laqui said...

Its cold in Boston....

I doubt they are Rob Mack, but they betta get ready...

Charles said...

Good luck on your move. That's a pretty big move from the Chi to Dallas. I never heard of that show South Central...it doesn't even sound familiar.

Nika Laqui said...

Whats haaanan in the fall Rob?

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

You go girl! My list is: Miami, Chicago and Dallas. I think that would be wonderful for you and Lil Man!!! I'm excited for you. It takes a lot of guts to up and move. You got to do what's good for you...

Anonymous said...

Girl u are gonna love it in Dallas...Im from Tx--like 1hr 45 min away from Dallas...its got everything u will ever need, and less violence than the Chi...girl I wish ya ass much luck and success...I'm thinking of moving to Dallas myself...no joke....cz Kansas City aint the place 4 me...

Paula D. said...

Good luck! I have friends there & they love it. You will do just fine :-)

Ms.Honey said...

CONGRATS!! on deciding to move...I've wanted to move but think I'm goin to wait till after I finish school...2 years to go....I'm sure you'll have lots of stories

Superstar Nic said...

So ya made your mind to move huh?

I don't even remember that show. I may know it if see like a clip from it of something, but not off the top of my head.

Didi Roby said...

Don't move before we meet...gotta give you some DivaChi love! *Dee-Dee crying*

MsPerdie said...

That's what's up. I say do your thang, gotta do what's right for you and your baby. We didn't meet when I came there :(, but i've never been to Houston, so we can meet then! Hee hee.

Chronicles Of The Sexy Fat Chick said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH. NOw that u are moving to Dallas, I'll have a reason to visit lol. I'm glad u doing the damn thing and I cannot wait to see this tan and grill lol

Nika Laqui said...

Sexy Fat Chick, *lol*