Tuesday, June 06, 2006

666


"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."
Revelation 13:16-18

I remember being 11, when my father first told me and my sister the story of Revelation scaring the living hell out of us.

"Next Tuesday will be 6/06/06. June 6, 2006 will be a big day for conspiracy and end-of-the-world theorists. LiveScience.com reports:

With 06/06/06 looming (June 6, 2006), authorities in some cities are worrying prophecy theorists or hate groups might read something ominous into the date and use it as an excuse to stir tension. Some expectant mothers are making birthing appointments to ensure they avoid the date, according to The Sunday Times in London.

And for others, it is a marketing opportunity. 20th Century Fox's remake of "The Omen" and Ann Coulter's book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," will both come out June 6. .....

While some Armageddon believers fear that 6/6/06 will be "a day of satanic power" that may be marked by a comet hitting the Earth, others believe that the world is coming closer to what is widely known as "the rapture" -- the moment the Lord calls the Christian faithful home and millions of born-again evangelicals will suddenly disappear from the Earth, leaving non-believers behind."







Why does religion scare you into belief?
Do we believe in JC because of fear of the unknown or because we just have faith?
Or were you scared into believing in him?


Do you think anything is going to happen on June 6, 2006?




17 comments:

muffins gone WILD! said...

OMG i have to perform an exorcism on my cpu now! err!

i love the meme esp. #18 LOL

NegroPino™ said...

OH OH tag me!!!!!!!

ALl I know is I dont wanna be on no airplane on that day..but i do ahve jury duty go figure

Ms.Honey said...

Funny how sometimes what makes us angry can also make us smile lol...i liked this I might have to do it as well

LUVIN ME said...

I'm not really scared. I suppose I'll put my pants on one leg at a time, as I do on every other day...

Devin the Dude is the S***!

TTD said...

i dont think anything will happen on the 6th...

i like the quote by t.d. jakes "i rather live life believing there is a God to later find out there isnt, than to live me my life not believing and find out that He exists" (something like that!)

i believe b/c i have faith... but that quote is also helpful :-)

Ms.Honey said...

TAG ur it!!!!!

Rashan Jamal said...

I don't worry about 6/6/06. The calendar is a man made invention. We dont know God's timeframe. Although I can see some cult trying to start some shit.

Nika Laqui said...

Yea, I see that as well, T. Cas....

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

similar thoughts on religion here

http://theveryreverendaceclemmonsjr.blogspot.com/2006/05/reason-1348483-12-for-why-no-virginia.html

EqualOpportunityCrush said...

i'm not scared.. one of my best friends from elementary school to high school birthday is on june 6th.. but i cant stand that bitch now and i do think she has many devilish qualities.. and the bitch will be 26 this year too.. fuck a june 6th!

4EverJennayNay said...

Well six is a special number to me. So today is 3 times special to me. I'm really not too worried, but I won't be tempting fate today either. I do have a short list of personal stupid-stitions that I will NOT be violating.

i like liquor and tv said...

I'm gonna do 6 shots of something at 6 oclock

nikki said...

is this hell? it damn sure feels like it.

Nika Laqui said...

ILLTV Thats what I'm on....6blunts,6 shots, 6 orgasms....self orgasms...*lol*

aquababie said...

i remember when i was little, folk saying ronald reagan was the devil and had the mark on his neck.

i don't put too much faith in things like this.

Amadeo said...

My coworker was having a hard time today so I told her about the date and explained that the devil must be after her soul.

I'm tripping over the Raheem Devaughn joint...One of the last times I saw that cat I think he was trying to hit on my date.

i like liquor and tv said...

ok, I found a 666 recipe on Webtender:

1 part Sambuca
1 part Jack Daniels
1 part Tequila

Sounds horrible!