Thursday, June 22, 2006

"I used to think I had it bad because I had no shoes, then I met a man with no feet"

One of the most important things I've learned about life is it could always be worst. There are many other people who's lives are much harder and less fortunate. At times, I tend to beat myself up about my life and how if this or that would've been a possiblity, somehow, I would be better off...

I've learned to love my situation, look at the bright side, count my blessings, pray for the less fortunate and help out when I can...

My mother could've been a crack whore and my sister and I could've been molested by all of her tricks and drug dealers...

Or I could've never known my mom.

I am thankful for the mother I do have and I can't blame her for having her own issues in life that may prevented her from being the best. I can learn from her and not follow suit, in hopes of being the best mother I can be without letting my personal issues affect my parenting....my biggest fear...

Most people don't even know their dads, but I can say, I am a spliting resemblance of mine and I have internalized the values he has instilled in me as a child. So I guess him being an alcoholic is not so bad....

Some women are barren and will never enjoy the pleasure and joy of pregnancy and childbirth. While some women never feel the true essence of womanhood, I go through the ups and downs of being a single mom. I'm blessed to have a healthy, intelligent son.

Do I wish to have a better childhood and not having to grow up at age 11?
Yes, I would love to be able to relive my childhood in a situation to where I can actually be carefree. But if I was given that opportunity, would I be who I am today? Would I have the personality and character I now possess?

I doubt it....

Would I had rather been born into wealth than poverty?
Who wouldn't?

However...
Rich or poor we all have personal issues when it comes to family and our upbringing...
But with money comes the best psychologists and shrinks that money can buy...

Yes I would rather be weathly with all of my "other" problems, than have to deal with these problems as well as, financial ones....

However, we don't choose our lives, we just have to live with them.

As far as our current President, shit could always be worst, we could be like those in 3rd World countries, under a dictatorship form of government.

Shit could always be worst...

I'm grateful to have my two feet and some shoes....

Til next time, FUCK FACES.....*LOL* (Yall know I'm just kidding...*lol*)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAY GIRL...LOL dang I just wanted to say whats up with you...Yeah Im back..so check me out daily NIka..Yeah ...ok let me go back and read ya posts

Sangindiva said...

I feel you on the it could be worse tip.
Staying grateful is the key.
@ Fuck Faces... *DEAD*
You are crazy gurl!

Anonymous said...

YEP INSANE IS TRULy just that..lmao lmao

4EverJennayNay said...

I think counting blessings is what has pulled me thru the roughest times. Growing up sucked, but (as you said) i wouldn't be the person I am today. Being who I am makes me happy.

The Brown Blogger said...

exactly.

LUVIN ME said...

That is so true. We need to take the time to appreciate the things that we do have...

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

i'm glad for what i have now...my little prayer every morning...what song is that w/tpain and 40 water...i haven't heard that...

ShawnQt said...

I know I haven't been coming here a lot, but I'm changing it today! :)

Seeing our blessings is truly hard in a world with such turmoil, but it is that insight that keeps us going, and
allows us to move pass the turmoil in our lives.

Charles said...

I feel you...always gotta stay positive. Things could always be worse...much worse. You just gotta roll with the punches and become stronger from it.

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Great inspirational post.

I see that you are still trying to figure out how to sign your posts...LOL! How about...Peace, Love & Hair Grease? That sounds like something you'd say...I think...LOL!

Nika Laqui said...

Dynasty, I would never say nothing that lame...*lol* My BD say that tho'...and yes he's a lame who think he's a thug...

i like liquor and tv said...

girl I feel you on this...but I'm a pessimist, so I'm always looking at the bad side of things. I can't help it.

Rashan Jamal said...

It's such a blessing when my eyes get to see the sun rise
I'm ready to begin
Another chance to get further away from where I've been
But I'll never forget
Every thing I went through, I appreciate the shit
Because if I had of went and took the easy way,
I wouldn't be the strong nigga that I am today
Every thing that I did, different things I was told,
Just ended up being food for my soul

Soul Food - Goodie Mob. I thought that quote fit your post.