Sunday, July 30, 2006




To my mother, to my father
It's your son or its your daughter
Are my screams loud enough
For you to hear me?
Should I turn this up for you?

I sit here locked inside my head
Remembering everything you said
The silence gets us nowhere,
Gets us nowhere way too fast

The silence is what kills me
I need someone here to help me
But you don't know how to listen
And let me make my decisions


I sit here locked inside my head
Remembering everything you said
The silence gets us nowhere
Gets us nowhere way too fast

All your insults and your curses
Make me feel like I'm not a person
And I feel like I am nothing
But you made me, so do something
Cause I'm fucked up, because you are,
Need attention,
Attention you couldn't give


Cause I sit here locked inside my head
Remembering everything you said
The silence gets us nowhere
Gets us nowhere way too fast

I sit here locked inside my head
Remembering everything you said
The silence gets us nowhere
Gets us nowhere way too fast

12 comments:

ILLstate said...

I'm feelin this shit right here insane,, niggaz got to be more open to other folks pain cause we all dysfunctional

..Sue...Zette... said...

I loved this post!

LUVIN ME said...

Excellent post!

Miz JJ said...

Wow. I felt this post.

Charles said...

I love this poem...it was hot...

TTD said...

nice...

NameLiar said...

That song is bangin'! I bet everyone feels like that on some level...or at least at times.

Knockout Zed said...

Damn that's some deep shit. Is that how you're feeling right now? I hope you feel better.

KZ

Knockout Zed said...

Damn that's some deep shit. Is that how you're feeling right now? I hope you feel better.

KZ

Nika Laqui said...

IllSTATE, Damn skippy

Suzzette, Luvin Me,TTD, Thanks..

Miz JJ, I'm glad someone understands...

Charles, you must didn't press play and listen to the song, its just the lyrics to go with the song...I wish I did write poetry that meaningful...

NameLiar, I love both of these Staind songs...the guitar and drums go so HARD on these tracks, and who would think, I liked HardRock??...*lol*

KZ, unfortunately, I feel this way about both of the Staind songs I have playing...these songs help me cope...its like they wrote this songs for me.

mrs.tj said...

I updated my blog miss thang!
I hope you have a safe trip.
I had to stop letting hubby help folks move because he was always helping everyone. But when it came to us needing some help mother fuckers would disappear! Bastard!
Holla!

Little Brown Girl said...

deep shyt!! I love it...

You find out who your folks are when moving day arrives...that's for sure!

Good luck with your journey chica...I'll make sure to say a prayer for you!