Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Correspondence from an INMATE


My child's father, my true love, asked that I share his thoughts with the blogsphere...

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Accept some days that you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue
Simply put: Sometimes you shit on people, sometimes they shit on you and you can't do nothing about it. (REAL TALK)

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case, you have to eat them.
Simply put: Don't use harsh words even if a person is on plenty bullshit.

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning for other.

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Some mistakes are too fun to only make once. (Our inside shit, that only he knows about me...)

RISK

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool
To weep is to risk being called sentimental and soft
To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self

To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk being called naive
To love is to risk not being loved in return
To live is to risk dying
To hope is to risk despair
To try is to risk failure

But risks must be taken, because the GREATEST risk in life is to risk nothing. The people who risl nothing, do nothing, have nothing, are nothing and become nothing. They may avoid suffering and sorrow, but hey simply cannot learn to feel, change, grow, love, and live.....
Chained by their servitude, they are slaves; they've forfeited their freedom.
Only the people who risk are truly free...

Think about it....

He also wrote me a beautiful poem, which made me cry...I'll post that on the 2112 side...
(http://2112kev.blogspot.com/)

Thanks.

SADE "BY YOUR SIDE"


sade


free Lyrics

22 comments:

SilkySmooth said...

That's real shit. Sounds like its coming from someone who has experienced alot. I just have one question; If the greatest risk is to risk nothing, then what would it mean if the greatest risk was to risk everything?

Nika Laqui said...

I'll ask him...*lol*

Little Brown Girl said...

That was Hott...there is someone in my life who really needs to read this but I am not sure how to approach him with it without appearing to be judgemental. I am his risk...he is afraid...afraid of many things, including admitting it.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Little Brown Girl said...

oh and *dead* @ you putting up his pic...you crazy girl!!!

Mr.Slish said...

Yo ex man wrote this!!! Sounds like he been doing a lot of readin up in thuurr..Thats good though. His mind remains sharp. When he gets out. I'm sure he will use it for good deeds..:)

@ Royce ain't the first time Nsane put his pic up there..lol

ILLstate said...

real shit

fuckgoogle said...

That 2112 is heavy in deed. Gone head and put your life in the margins....my blogger fam making me comfortable with doing it myself....1

Unknown said...

excellent thoughts

Lyrically speaking said...

Wow, that's deep. Great post.

LUVIN ME said...

That was so true..Risks have to be taken in order to grow!

Ms.Honey said...

I'm def feeling that.

TTD said...

what? no name calling? LOL!

that was really nice...

nikki said...

real real real! i hope my life ain't a lesson for others, unless it's a lesson on what to do and not what NOT to do.

NegroPino™ said...

Thats deep!!!!!Im scared to take risks...

That Girl Tam said...

His words are powerful...

But time allows people to soul search and dig deep to learn from past mistakes. Sounds like he's learned a great deal...

MZPEACH said...

Great post today Insanely. I like Kevin. He is seems like your style. Y'all two be on that deep shit. Y'all talk about real meaningul things. Y'all even listen to Sade for goodness sakes! Nice post today.

Atl_Mack said...

Obvious, but Profound..Real talk...

Rashan Jamal said...

Major props for this one!

wun_knight said...

Interesting...it makes complete sense, and while it may be obvious to some, it seems real deep when it's channeled and all coming straight at 'cha. I like it. It's obvious to all when you come across people whose waters are still and its very cold where they are coming from. Deep. Good ish...

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

"It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning for other."

"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."

I like those, especially "Risk". I'm definitely guilty of not being a risk taker. Great post

*snake*bite* said...

That is one deep post and i am feelin it. Oh and thank you for putting that song on - Sade - By your side. Divine used to play that to me and i love it, its my fave.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Love the "wrong lane" thing...made me seriously pause.