Friday, July 28, 2006

Now & Then

Ten years ago today, it was July 28, 1996. I was going into my Junior year of HighSchool.

1) How old were you?
THEN: 16
NOW:
26


2) Where did you work?
THEN:
Walgreen's

NOW: (Unemployment)...I'm mad I was young and dumb, I could've been collecting unemployment, all those years, as long as I've been working(since 14). Currently "I'm searching/Hurting for certain/Looking for a come up/On a quick fast/Give a nigga whiplash/Woulda kicked ass/For a cash stash/" Thats that Snypers shit, WestSide of Chicago shit, most of yall probably ain't up on that....
A lady at Walgreen's asked me did I want to work there....HELL NO, I can't do that again....not to say that it is beneath me, but it is beneath me....


3) Where did you live?
THEN: Chicago, Southside
NOW: Chicago, Westside headed for Minnesota

4) How was your hairstyle?
THEN:
Cropped bob, relaxed

This is when I had a cute stomach, THANKS A LOT KAEVEN!!!
NOW: Natural, feathered, twisted, afro, braided...

5) Did you wear contacts?
THEN:Yea until I slept in them and woke up and my vision was blurry. I was like "Something wrong with my eyes, I can't see" Then I went to the doctor and he told me, I only had one in...I felt like a fool....I was late for work many of days trying to put them in...so to hell with contacts....
NOW: No, I don't like putting shit in my eyes, my glasses are just fine...

6) Did you wear glasses?

THEN: Sometimes...
NOW:
When I drive...and I look like a dweeb....*lol*


8) Which of your pets were still alive?
THEN: Never had pets...
NOW: Never had pets...

9) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?
THEN: Levy Nolan Rivers, he looked like Method Man.... July 19th was the Nas concert, I went to without permission and I got on punishment for a month, so our relationship, kinda turned sour....
NOW: None.

10) Who was your celebrity crush?
THEN: Nas, I got on punishment for him during the summer for God's sake....
NOW:
Carmelo, TI, Floyd Mayweather


11) How many piercings did you have?
THEN:
5, 3 in one ear, 2 in the other...
NOW: 4, that one at the top of my ear in the grisle, hurt like a mutha, so it had to go, although it did provide me with the type of pain/pleasure I like...

12) How many tattoos did you have?

THEN: None, I thought about getting a Pi sign on my back...but thats okay...
NOW: I don't want shit on my body that GOD didn't put there, besides it looks ghetto on certain people...and I think I'm one of those people...

13) What was your favorite band/singer?

THEN: 112
NOW: Sweetback

14) Had you smoked a cigarette?

THEN: No, it was rude, crude, and very inattractive....
NOW: Yea, but I quit...because its rude, crude, and very unattractive, but I will smoke a Black...

15) Had you gotten drunk?

THEN: Nah, just smoked out!!
NOW:
All I do now is drink, I put the weed down...


16) What kind of car did you drive?

THEN: Chevy, "Hoop DeVille", my hooptie, the Spectrum...I rode that mutha til the wheels fell off and they did, literally, my axle broke...*lol*
NOW: Buick Century, but I want a Chevy, not here in Chicago though, cause I won't have it for too long... But when I looked on the list of most stolen vehicles, Buick Century is like #6 on the list Chevy being #1.....

17) Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?
I thought I would have a degree, owning my own business....with no kids. I hated kids, now I don't....Okay, yes I do, I hate those kids who think they grown and you have to smack they ass cause they momma won't. I hate those kids, but I love mannerable kids...
Funny how life throws you curve balls....


11 comments:

Knockout Zed said...

You like Sweetback? I'll be damned!

I must have you confused with somebody. For some reason I thought you had a tat.

I think I'mma do this meme.

KZ

Nika Laqui said...

Whatever thats supposed to mean....the "type" to have a tatt...are you tryna say I'm ghetto?...*lol*

i like liquor and tv said...

10 years ago I assumed I'd be dead by now

Zeezy4Sheezy said...

real talk... I saw Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather today at the Footlocker in Lenox Mall.. I sized im up.. He's a little ass dude no bigger than 5'6 or 5'7 . But His swagger made him seem like he was 7 feet tall.. Another random thought was why would a nigga who is known for knockin cats out roll 12 deep??

Teej said...

nigga know you dont know nann bout no sweetback! lol

eclectik said...

You're blog/page is cool as hell

I'm diggin it for real

"I'm searching/Hurting for certain/Looking for a come up/On a quick fast/Give a nigga whiplash/Woulda kicked ass/For a cash stash/"

LMAO, that's what's up.


I'ma check out some more posts...think Ima hang out a while :)

Blog
The Message Board

e.

TTD said...

i like this... i'm stealing it! lol..

TrinaBeingTrina said...

You know I fell out laughing when you said you rode the car till the wheels literally fell off.

My tire rod on my car broke and I had absolutely NO control over it so I had to leave it. The next day I had that bad boy towed to a tire place, they fixed it and I was back on the road again. I know what it's like to drive it into the freakin' ground.

ILLstate said...

I will smoke a black tho.

NegroPino™ said...

For the life of me I thought u had a tat too its not bad i just thought u did :)

MZPEACH said...

I like this! Very interesting!!!! My axle broke on my first car too..lol You are so damn crazy. Loved this meme.