Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I LIVE IN IRAQ


I didn't sign up for this.

These "bootleg Africans" aka niggas (thanks Zed for that one, I just added my own little flavor on it...*lol*) is at war.

Yes, the Moes(Blackstones) and the 4's(4 Corner Hustlers) are at war.

I'm living in a war zone.


We're supposedly fight the war on Terrorism.


Terrorism occurs in every hood in AmeriKKKa every day.


And our soldiers are in Iraq?

Fighting a war on Terrorism?

I thought I had escaped the projects, but I feel just like I'm right back.

I have been doing nothing but reflecting.

Sometimes for me reflection gives me direction.

I can't stay here.

I mean I can, but I don't want to live that trapped life I lived in the projects.

I never wanted my son to experience the "jects", but shit this is the next best thing.

I will so much miss this apartment.

The hardwood floors.

The bathroom.

The kitchen. (Minus that hole in the wall where my landlord has yet to install my microwave, I should start deducting from my rent for that shit, the apaprtment was to be equipped with an overhead microwave.)

The location, if "bootleg Africans" wouldn't act like ignit "bootleg Africans".

SHIT!!!

I don't know, we'll see.

I was just beginning to get comfy.

10 comments:

LUVIN ME said...

Whare are you going?

TTD said...

i know.. why you gotta leave?

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

don't you hate when "bootleg africans" (that's funny, i might have to use that)..fukk it up for everybody else...hey handle you bizness (business)...

nikki said...

i hope you find a safe spot for you and your son, sista.

Knockout Zed said...

That's a more proper designation right there! "Bootleg Africans"!

You are in an eternal struggle. You don't want to flee your people, but the people are making it hard to raise your seed at the current location.

When I have kids (and I'm back in a more urban environment) I'll be fighting the same struggle.

KZ

MZPEACH said...

I am waiting on you to answer some of these comments, so I can know what's going on.

Rashan Jamal said...

you gotta do whats right for your seed. If you gotta go, then you gotta go.

Nika Laqui said...

Luvin Me- I don't know where I'm going. I can always go to Dallas if shit gets too rough and stay with dad for a while and stack bread. But you know when you been on your own, you like to stay that way....

TTD- I don't have to leave, I can stay and always be looking out for "bootleg Africans" to start shooting on my block or in my alley while I'm trying to host a BBQ or birthday party. I try to come home while its still light outside, but that don't mean a thing, cause they will shoot in broad daylight. I knew this was the wild wild west side, but I didn't expect the shootouts to be so close in this vicinity, like right on the block, thats too close for comfort.

TSG- I know right...I will definitely miss the bathroom.

Jenesis- I like that African'ts...*lol* thats funny but true.

Sarcasstik- Yes they are fucking it up for me. I'm not tryna be in the midst of a shootout coming home from work and shit...


GAPeach:But Black- Ok, I've responded...*lol*

T.Cas-So true. My homegirl called me, she's a manager, said she will hire me on the spot, but I will take a paycut. However, its a guaranteed position and she trying to get me to move to Indiana, where its cheap and affordale, peaceful living. Besides, the job is out that way...So I'm looking to move soon. This prelude has only shown me this will be a very bloody and wild summer. Not that I'm not use to these types of things cause I am. I lived in the projects for the firt 11 years of my life. But I don't want my son to live like that. If every parent has goals to make each generation better than the previous, we can slowly but surely change our positions as African Americans in this country.

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

I'm glad you're getting out of there. Don't worry if God bought you to it, he'll bring you through it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I donty blame you for getting the fuck out...you and lil man gotta be safe and the world we live in is fucked the hell up....I like the new digs and Im sure you will make it homey...can I get an invite to the housewarming