Saturday, April 08, 2006

DANCES

A while ago, my ex-sex partner/friend,(Puddy, this is not him pictured, this is some R&B ass nigga named TQ, that I always joke and say he look like, others agree, but Puddy looks better than that...) said, "I'm jealous, Chicago doesn't have our own dance that has nationwide acknowledgement."

With that being said, Chicago does need our own dance.


Granted.............

We have the


and footwork(which is displayed in Missy's Video, now playing) which has been around for years, but thanks to Missy it has gotten some national recognition.

However, Cha Cha slide is so lame, that old people do it at the club.
And as for footwork, everybody just can't move their bodies and feet that fast, including me. We need something that is easy for us middle aged people to do, but not so lame that old people do.

Kanye tried to start a new dance, called the "Jesus Walk", but Kanye gay and nobody wanna do that gay ass dance also known as "The Gansta Walk"

ATL has the "Body Rock" I guess I will call it that, but it the dance done in "Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It" or "In My White Tee".

Or in Young Joc's(Young Joc, looks a little like Walt Baby, PCC's cousin. RIP) Video, "Goin' Down" (also playing, sorry GP I had to do the triple video play to fully express my thoughts, but honestly 3 music video playing at once is confusing, I'll call it the GP Dirty South remix..*lol*)

ATL
also has the A-Town Stomp


The West Coast
is known for C-Walking, or the Crip Walk, which isn't an actual dance, but a ritual. But in the case of my arguement it will be called a dance.

New York had the Harlem Shake


Texas had the SouthSide that went along with the song, "SouthSide" by Lil KeKe(now playing).
I loved that dance, it was the dance that was popular when I moved to Dallas.
Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com

St.Louis is famous for the ChickenHead or Monnesary(did I spell it right?) which was displayed in Chingy's "Right Thurr" and Murphy Lee's "What tha Hook Gone Be?"




I FEEL LIKE I'm MISSING SOME DANCES here....
Please feel free to add any that I missed and in the meanwhile, I'll be tryna create a ChiTown dance, Puddy said he would help me come up with one....

7 comments:

Ladynay said...

Stalkers suck!

The Chi is known for stepping. I know it's an old school thing and you can't do it to hip hop or rap, but it made it's way to the younger crowd in the recent past.

TTD said...

i read the top.. so ur forgiven for moving cuz i was about to say!! but i like stepping... Chi and Philly got that on lock...

TTD said...

and thanks for the "family tree" love :o) and 1 good thing about the move.. i can pull up the new blog at the full-time gig now!

Omar Ramon said...

ay boo boo. whas good wit that stalker..what a drain!. anyway glad to know where you are now..

yo you're teaching me about Chi-thanx. My uncle lives there..i been saying I wanted to chill this summer over there but we'll see if I can get my funds together.

Holla at ya boy.
In Progression
Omar Ramon

nikki said...

i remember doing all of those dances when i was at famu. actually, we did alot of that shit this weekend. i think the only one not represented was st. louis.

MZPEACH said...

Girl I love Southside song. I couldn't remember who sung it...lol. Throwing up the duece...lol my favorite part..lol.

First time watching Young Joc video...lol. Girl that dance is called the SHoulderlean...lol.

Nika Laqui said...

GP, I glad you were able to see the Young Joc video...he so cute...Thanks for telling me the name of the dance....
I forgot who sung Southside too...I put in UGK and it popped up Lil KeKe, I forgot all about dude, believe it or not I've never seen that Southside video....