Thursday, April 20, 2006

HOLDING ON ...

He lived across the street from my homegirl's house with whom I was living with in 1999. He was unlike all the other niggas that lived in the Englewood area. He walked different, talked different, and he wasn't thristy, slobbing at the mouth at the sight of me. I admit, the chase was exciting. My homegirl and her husband would have frequent ghetto get togethers, so she invited him and his cousin over. She secretly desired his cousin, so we plotted a game of Truth or Dare, in which, she would dare me to do things to my interest and I would dare her to do things to her secret crush, with her husband being privy. He couldn't get mad cause it was a game, right?

Anyway, the game turned out to be lame, cause people were daring others to do silly, non-sexual things... So we quickly ended that game. The next day, we all packed up in the Astro Van and hit the beach. So this is where I shoot my shot.

Don was a light skinned, pink nipple having, Navy reject. He went AWOL and was dishonorably discharged. His mother was half Italian which explained his features. He had a nice slightly muscular frame and a tongue ring, which I found intriguing...

Me: So when is your birthday?
Don: May 27th and when is yours?
Me: Feb. 11th. So you're a Gemini, huh? Ya know Gemini's and Aquarians make good mates.
Don: (laughs) Really??

And from there it was on like a pot of neckbones.

Before I met him, I stayed trapped in the attic, calculating my next steps for survival. Then after we began to talk, I would get up get dressed and actually have something to do. Each day we arose waiting to see each other, so we can chop it up. He had a huge water bong and I would go to his crib, once mother was gone and get smoked out...

The week his mother left him with the house was off the chain. I finally was able to feel the effects of a tongue ring, which left me sprung. He cooked dinner and we tied each other to the bed and took advantage of each other. I took full advantage of his mother's removable shower head. He would wonder why I was in the shower for hours...*lol*

When his mother returned, we learned that he would be moving to Arkansas in a few weeks. I knew that I couldn't remained trapped in the attic of a house that would one day be mistaken for the dope house for the abundance of niggas on the porch (even when no one was home), the shootouts that her husband's brothers were involved in ( I saw this from the attic window, those Belizians are crazy...), not to mention the weed tree that was taller than the house growing in the backyard. I knew that me living there was not conducive to my freedom and well-being. So I called Dad.

"Dad, you gotta send me a ticket, ASAP. Mama won't let me come back home and the cops gone come kick this door in one day soon, I can feel it."

Sure enough Daddy got me a ticket. Don had been long gone to Arkansas and we had been communicating via mail and the few long distance phone calls I received from him. I was scheduled to leave in 2 weeks. Going to Dallas didn't seem so bad, since Don was only 6 hours away.

Labor Day, 2 days before I had been scheduled to board my flight to Dallas. I had all my things neatly packed away so I could ship it via the United States Post Office. I didn't even tell my mother I was leaving, because when I cried out for help and to come back home because of the enviroment I was subjected to live in, she still said, I couldn't come home, so I just left. Months later she went by my girlfriends house to discover I had moved to Dallas....(FUCK YOU MOM, I still love her though..*lol*)

So my homegirl's husband had a connect on the weed, so we would always smoke big, while he went out and made extra money. On this particular day, my homegirl's cousin came to visit prior to her move to Atlanta. So there we all sat in my homegirl's room, smoking big blunts, while we watch the movie "Belly". You know the scene where Caine (from Menace to Society) drops a dime on his ass, cause, "He ain't like that shit". Well we were on the raid scene of Belly and I'm smoking the blunt, when I hear loud banging noises. I thought that them niggas on that porch done got into some shit and brought that shit in the house. Seconds later, I'm face to face with the barrel of a nine, and a white man saying, "Put your hands where I can see them, get on the floor."

That's right, we got raided. I explained I don't live here and my ID proves it, shit I'm moving to Dallas, in 2 days. You know they ransacked all my shit, fucked up my organized shit, and looked at my freaky pics.... PIGS!!!

Yall came for drugs, guns, and money. All of which was present in the house. They threatned my homegirl to take her kids and get her fired from the post office. Come to find out, the raid was an illegal seizure. The cops basically, came up that day, cause no one ever went to court. PIGS!!!

I made it on the plane, hit Dallas and caught pnemonia in the ass, cause it was so hot there and I came from a cold climate. Don and I continued our pen pal-ship and ocassional long distance phone calls, followed by his first road trip to Dallas....


TO BE CONTINUED....

4 comments:

MZPEACH said...

Finish the story damn it. WHoa, I hot. What No Doubt song are you playing? This computer I am on doesn't stream your video.

nikki said...

FINISH THE STORY NOW.

mrs.tj said...

Finish the damn story chick!

MZPEACH said...

I was wondering if it was don't speak, but then I was like, naw she don't know about that. Wow, I am impressed..lol.