Wednesday, April 19, 2006

COMMONALITIES

How many of yall know someone that has this picture framed and hanging from their wall like a piece of artwork, like its a Picasso or something?

Tony Montana, huh?


Mr. Frank White...


'Joe' Pistone


Calogero aka 'C'


Frankie Carbone


Don Vito Corleone


Q: What do these movies have in common?

Commonalities other than the Italian mafia theme, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro and the slew of other Italian actors...



A: Our young black men imitate this crimemob, druglord mentality.

These are their heros.
These are the men they idealize.
They don't understand that unlike the Italian mobs, they are still niggas.

They fail to realize that these are movies and that the "wise guys" get incarcerated or "whacked".
They look at this lifestyle as cool and appealing and this is what they strive to be....


ITALIAN????


Self hate perpetuates, while the lives of other races are imitated...

10 comments:

Paula D. said...

Girl you are so right about this. I know many guys that have Tony Montana framed up somewhere in their crib like a hero......*scratches head*

MZPEACH said...

Damn, why I got to start all over.....Sanely what's the next song?

Great posts. I agree. I thought of this too. But I like how you put it.

courtney said...

wow....so true. Some dudes i know have ALL these movies AND a poster....smh

Knockout Zed said...

A bunch of Italian kids try to emulate Blacks. Arab kids be fakin' Italian and Latino. Everybody's frontin'. Everybody's wearin' fronts.

KZ

Anonymous said...

SUPERB POST INSANE!
Ummm black folks love the mafia movies.shit I love GOODFELLAS and BRONX TALE Myself...lol love it... black folks love the family and bond the mafia has...something blacks lack....its wild though we choose to glorify what we see dealing with the italians...Priorites are shot to hell if ya ask me! One thing bout Italians they are about Family, but are Black people!!????????????????????????

LUVIN ME said...

I never looked at it from that perpective...

Excellent Post!

mrs.tj said...

I can't lie...I've been looking for a Scarface Poster to hang in Hubby's room. Not because we want to be Italian, but because…ummmm….I like Scarface.
I see where you are coming from, but you know my hubby is doing right FINALLY.
So if he wants to make music, play video games, watch violent Mafia movies and play Rapaman, I’m all for it. Hell. It’s keeping him off the streets. So I’m cool!
Holla! tj

MsPerdie said...

Girl, I know many people's who have this shit in their houses. It makes no sense to me. Great post.

Nika Laqui said...

Paula D.- PCC has like 10 of em *scracthing my head*

Chevy Ridah- Press the fast forward button...

Courtney E.- I like the movies, for entertainment purposes only, I have a picture of Malcolm X framed...

KZ- You right...

Yazmar- This is true. What the niggas don't take from the movies is the good aspects, how the Italians have family values...

Luvin Me- I'm glad I was able to provide you a different perspective.

Mrs.TJ- You a goddamn fool *lol* @ "So if he wants to make music, play video games, watch violent Mafia movies and "play Rapaman", I’m all for it."

Hiari Shouts #1- Its not crazy but sad that black feel thats the only way to attain, money, power, and respect.

Hiari Shouts #2,3,4,5- I think we get the point...*lol*

Hiari Shouts #6- Its cool...*lol* sike....what is YOU smoking?...*lol*

Robmack- Now the clothes is taking it to the extreme...*lol*

nikki said...

meanwhile, i've got the scarface poster on my livingroom wall. dang.