Friday, May 12, 2006

Name Droppin/Star Stuck

Through the years, I have been within arms reach of many individuals who some may deem as a celebrity...

Here's a list of some people I have met, dodged, or was too scared to say something to, but was in their presence.


Vanessa, Tempest Bledsoe, came to my school when I was in Kindergarden. At first, I didn't believe it was her, because I was just watching the Cosby show the night before. She was good friends of my teacher's daughter, (white teacher, white daughter). We took a class picture with her. I would post it, but my scanner not working right now....


At the age of 9, I called WVON, Black Talk Radio of Chicago, when they had Tony Brown as a guest. I was able to sit with him through the show, I was even live on the radio. The most spectacular part was having him sign my African Medallion. Remember those?


When I was 15, I was built like a grown woman, but I never lied about my age. This dude from the 69 Boyz, tried to chase me down at the mall. His gold teeth and black ass skin scared me. Then I noticied who it was, I walked away even faster..... Now that I like kuntry niggas, he kinda cute, but he was still too old for me then, that's why I ran.....


Me, my mom, and sister saw Minister Farrakhan in Hyde Park, having his breakfast, as he read his Final Call. I wanted to go get his autgraph, but I didn't want to disturb him, so we waved, he waved and smiled back. He was so peaceful.


Yall probably don't know PsyschoDrama,(NameLiar know who I'm talking bout) they cold ass hell, from the WestSide of Chicago. I met them at a live taping of Rap City, when Big Lez was still the host of Rap City.


Of course, I met Big Lez. I was able to take a picture with her. She wrapped her arm around my waist and sat her hand on my fat juicy, young tender, firm, 18 year old ass.... So from then on, I knew why they called her Big Lez (Les..bian). I didn't mind her copping a feel though. I shoulda grabbed her big ass too...*lol*


Common was also at the taping of Rap City, but I was once in the elevator with him and I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing...I just looked at him...*lol* But made sure he didn't see me looking. I was looking out the corner of my eye.


I met Crucial Conflict while I was backstage at the Jay Z concert. Why was they really trying to holla at me and my homegirl? They some from out west ass niggas...I think they got a new single out......They were also at the taping of Rap City....




The freaky perverted pastor (he has no name, cause he's really a nobody) from Soul Food, came into Walgreens while I worked there. He stood in my line and was acting as if I should know him...not to mention, he is just as perverted in real life....



I met this fat head, big titty girl Teefa from the Infamous Syndicate She looks weird cause her head and tits are so big, but she's only like 4'10 and her legs are skinny...but she was cool peeps.




R. Kelly came into the Evergreen Plaza smelling like a 175 pound bag of chopped onions. Usually, when someone enters the store you appraoch them to ask them if they need any help. Well, when I saw Kels, I ran the other way. I'm not a groupie and he stanked all up to be damned. Them other chics was on his stanky ass jock strap, not me. Like I said, I went the other way. One of the dudes in his entourage tried to holla at me to get me to come to the studio with them. Ummm, HELL NAW!! And this is before the piss tape and all the allegations of sex with minors....Hell I was in that age range right about then, I was 19. He woulda tried to piss all over me...*lol*


Fredro Starr also came into the same clothing store. He was short as hell, like 4'11. I'm was like damn!! I thought he was cute on Moesha,so I gave him my pager number. He scared me off when he was blowing up my pager all night. When I called him back, he was all aggressive trying to get me to come over. He was here filming that movie with Usher...can't remmeber the name..but anyway, I stood him up. Ain't no groupie's here....He wasn't talking bout going out, he wanted to get me to his crib and try to fuck....I'm not the one baby....witcha midget ass....


Jagged Egde came into my store and bought 4 Pelle Jackets . I was salty I didn't know who they were at first. Shit, I coulda got that sale...oh well...I know ole girl commission check was lovely....


Before Deray, was Deray, me and my girl met him at this bootleg comedy club. He tried to holla at my girl. She never got up with him. I bet she wish she did now...


My son met Da Brat, while with his father on a trip to the County jail to visit his father, my son's grandfather. Da Brat, from my baby daddy's account, said Kaeven was the cutest little boy she had ever seen....My baby daddy didn't get her autograph for me cause he states she was handling her business visiting her peeps. I understand, cause I'm not the one to go bothering celebrities while they are handling their day to day business.....

Ok, I can't think of no more right now, but tell me who have you met, seen, or ran from that's supposedly a celebrity?

24 comments:

MZPEACH said...

First?

Girl I loved this post. I haven't met many celebrities, but I was to meet one, I would have wished it was Left eye, because I always get that I look like left eye (especially when I was smalling, but I still get it now) and not to mention we act and sound alike.

R. Kelly in his Public announcement and 12 play days, did look like he would have smelled like onions..lol.

Chopper from making the band was at Golden Corral yesterday..lol.

Girl, I ran from Red from ABC. I was at the skate rink at Golden Glide, girl that was like so surreal for me back then, because ABC was the shit back then. So I was looking real cute, a long yellow shirt that tied up at the bottom and these stretch pants, ny bangs were extra fluffed (my stepmom had dressed me and that was when I was being neglected by my mom's and felt so beautiful anyways, I thought I was the BOMB. So I am skating around Red hoping that he would notice be, being a little stalker, sorta like you (hunting down old boy and calling the rent office...roflmao). Girl why the hell did I make h im fall? Girl he tried to grab me and I ran and didn't stop. Girl I hid from him (like he was really looking for me) for the rest of the time I was there.

So you know my entire family lives in Des Moines, Iowa. So anyway, when TLC came out, my dad was like "Hey's that's Gal's daughter! Tionne. That's your cousin. She used to live with us and everything." So a few months later (during the time Ohh On The TLC Tip was hot) some Atlantans had a Des Moines day. Girl, I did my hair, wore my best clothes and made up a danced, thinking that Tionne was going to be up there. So anyway, I get up there, it's only her brother and her mom. I was so disappointed. Even talked to her on the phone once, but she told my dad she didn't remember who he was..lol.

I always meet local celebrities. Pastor Troy (Aaron and him are close friends), Feild Mob, Baby D...and so forth.

One of the radio personalities down here accidently opened a door while I was kneeling down and busted me in my head..lol. I was at the station on the radio too once before. But wow, you were really doing somethings when you were younger. Already militant. Hell, when I was ten the only thing I owned Red, Green, Yellow and black were some cross-colored jeans..lol.

Ladynay said...

Wow! I love me some Common! Even tho his is slender and light, he has this sexiness about him! I prolly couldn't fathom putting words together if we were in the same elevator! LOL

MZPEACH said...

If me and Common were in the same Elevator Ladynay, girl, let's just say for his sake, I better not have a skirt on...lol.

Waddie G. said...

wow...I met a lot of these folks too because I live in the Chi too...I remember Psychodrama...I have been asking folks on what happened to them...I could have sworn that they were going to make it big. Common works out at my gym (Crunch by the House of Blues)...I've spoken to R. Kelly at the Rock & Roll McDonald's one night...he's kool peeps...I actually chatted with Da Brat at one of Jermaine Dupri's parties in ATL a few years back.

MZPEACH said...

Let's not forget Professorgq, that you interview ANTM contestants after they leave the show!

DestroTheBiggaFigga said...

Great article. Too bad we couldn't exchange web links, your site is still cool though.

Omar Ramon said...

i don't think i eva met anyone famous. hmm..nah can't think of anyone right now. Dang, wassup with that?
I don't think I get star struck tho..I'm not really that type of person.

Common's "come close" video with Mary J. was shot around the corner from my house. Had I known I woulda been quite pressed ..I'm mad in love with him and MJB is my homie.

I neva met faith evans but my uncle went to Highschool with her.

LUVIN ME said...

I have met a lot of famous people. I have a very close friend who is a songwriter. He and his partner have written songs and hooks for a lot of people. Mya, Ray-J, Snoop, Justin Timberlake, Slim Thug, Juvenile, Busta, LL...just to name a few artists that I have come in contact with. I get the hook up on a lot of the Celeb parties when I hang out with them, athletes, actors...but that life is just too fast for me.

I have only been star struck by a few though.

Rashan Jamal said...

We smoked a L with Goodie M.O.B. and Splack Pack (remember them) at my college homecoming back when Cell Therapy was the shit. I went to middle school with Big Boi in Savannah, Ga but I didnt know him. I saw his picture in my 8th grade year book and was like WTF.

And when I was a kid in New York, I used to see the dude who played Leroy on Fame at the park getting high all the time. I dont know if he counts as a celebrity though.

TTD said...

LMAO @ Big Lez!

I thought Fredro Starr was a cutie too.. but you know dudes, get a lil money, get a little fame, they think they the shit & all chicks need to be up on their ass!

i've seen a couple of the ravens or redskins players at games and things around town, but like you, i aint no groupie so i see him, be like, "oh! that's so and so" and keeps it moving! they not sharing their riches so why should i be pressed?

TTD said...

oh... and Have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Nika Laqui said...

GP-*lol* RED, I used to LOVE me some Red, Romell would get it too...*lol*
*LMAO* At you gettin bussed in the head..*lol*

Ladynay and GP, I was soo young then...but hell, if I seen him now I prolly still wouldn't know what to say...*lol*

Professor GQ, Psychodrama is cold as hell...

Destrothebiggfigga, Thanks, we can, I just been lazy, there are a few new links I need to add, just haven't got around to it....

Omar, I feel you, I'm not the one to play myself out over a "famous person", but I would be very nervous around...Floyd, Melo...and Common...*lol*

Luvin Me, I wanna know who you were star stuck by...?....?....?

T.Cas, I don't know nothing about no Splack Pack, but that's cool you chiefed with them...
*LOL* At Big Boi in yo 8th grade pic...*lol*

Jaime, I feel you, certain things you just don't tell...*lol* My nosy self wanna know???...*lol*

TTD, I don't know why that dude thought he was hot shit...him or any other celebrity...except Floyd...*lol*

Jomama said...

I met Aries Spears at a show of his and have a picture with him on my camera phone. He's bummy and probably has no problem going incognito when he needs to.

Happy mother's day!!!

Superstar Nic said...

I’m LMAO @ R. Kelly smelling like a bag of chopped onions. Eeeeeww, that is so damn disgusting, LOL.

I haven’t had any experiences like that, although I do run into Thrill the Playa from the 69 boys from time to time. He is a local DJ here. He is always hosting parties and shit around town.

Happy Mother's Day 2 Ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day...Insane...You know I would really like to know ya real name Insane-seems funny calling you insane all the time--eventhough its true..lmao...lol anyway
I LOVE THE HELL OUT THIS POST....

lol@BigLEz...no she didnt put hands on you...lmao.. RKELLY YUCK--and I always though Fredro was cute 4 sum reason..prolly his NY Accent..
Dang lets see who have I met...I mean I been to plenty concerts but still aint really found a way to get backstage...
I kinda met Mary J. Blige though...She shouted me out at her Love and Life concert in 2004...everybody in the crowd was looking at me like...Damn she knows her!!!

Knockout Zed said...

Your video just reminded me!

I met Kurtis Blow at a bowling alley in Detroit a few years ago. I have no fuckin' idea why he was in a bowling alley.

I met the Goodie Mob at a Bennigan's sitting at the bar.

Tavis Smiley at this youth mentoring seminar.

That cat Tommy from Martin.

Malik Yoba at this Urban League function.

Very low level shit truthfully.

KZ

Knockout Zed said...

I'll bet the 26 year old version of that ass is pretty firm and juicy, too!

KZ

*fuckin'biglez*

So...Wise...Sista said...

I'm so mad Fredro was stalking you! Short fuck. lol
My 2 fav celeb run ins were the most recent which was Suge in Vegas.
And I had a dance-off with Shaq when he was on SNL. It was a tie. lol

nikki said...

lmao@you running away from r. kelly. i can just imagine that shit. also, LOL@fredro the midget. you could have let him eat you out, damnit.

big lez is a lesbian??? i had no fucking idea...

Ms.Behavin said...

I met that guy Elvin from The Cosby SHow at The Rainbow Room a long ass time ago. The Cosby Show had gone off - he had gotten pretty chunky.

I met Tavis at the Ford Lincoln Mercury Minority Dealers Association conference in San Fran.

...and thats about it. :-( No funny stories to share.

Ms.Honey said...

Girl you are too funny but it would have been a wrap if the electricity went out while I was in that elevator with Common

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Let's see...

Nelly and the whole click (lived in STL and worked at the hip-hop station, so I saw them often and my STL girls grew up with them)
Joe Torry (met him in STL at the radio station)
R kelly (he lived at Kenwood)
Teefa (she went to Kenwood with me)
Do or Die (Evergreen Plaza. I worked at a record store so we were introduced)
The heavy one from Crucial Conflict (At a B-ball game)
Bone Crusher (Had to pick him up at the airport while working at the radio station)
Wycelf (in Aruba took a picture)
Biz Markie (in Aruba took a picture)
J Nicks (STL and we worked together at the radio station)
112 (at Evergreen plaza. The lead singer tried to hollar...he has messed up skin)
Ludacris (STL mall)
Mr. Cheeks (STL mall)
Eve (in STL. She was with Nelly at a b-ball game)
Az Hakim (Went on a date while living in STL)
Dexter Mccleon (went to a party at his crib)
Tory Holt and some of the other rams (they were at Dexter's party)
Lil John (New Orleans during the Superbowl - Rams and Patriots...took a picture and in STL at the radio station and the club)
Puffy (He threw a party in STL, met him in VIP...asshole)
Baby (Saw him at the AllStar game in ATL...didn't speak...the groupies had it covered)
Chingy (He grew up with my girl in STL, so I knew him and I would see him at the station)
Common (in San Diego at the NBMBA conference. He gave a concert and me and my girls were right up front. He even talked to us)
Boris Kujoe (I met him in STL in the VIP of this club. He's cool as hell and sexy in person. He looked high though)
Cedric the Entertainer (Same club...real funny in person)
Pretty Willie (He just married my best Friend)


I'm missing some people, but I'm tired of thinking...

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

I took a picture with Chopper at the Grand Lux in Houston.

Mr. Smart Guy said...

I used to work promotions for a radio station here so I met a few people.

I met G-Unit (Buck is from Nashville) and they kept tryna get me to put them on with the DJ...

I met Musiq - that dude is short as hell

Avant - see above

That's about all unless you count athletes but they ain't real celebrities...