Monday, May 08, 2006

Enter the Derry...


I sat on the phone with a friend from Chicago, reminscing on my lunchbreak. I was trying to make a decision on leaving country ass Dallas, and heading back North. Until he walked by...

His swagger exuded confidence, his face was a perfect color brown, Creole brown if I might add. He was well dressed and I could smell him from afar. Our eyes connected and once he passed, I dropped the phone to watch him walk away.

Nikki, worked with me, so I was anxious to tell her about the fine guy I had set my eyes on. Nikki crazy ass, liked his friend, Don ( I hated that his name had to be that, I had just gotten dumped by a dude named Don), so she coordinated a smoke break for the four of us. I was nervous, for one, I was mad at how she hooked up the scenario, for two, I'm always nervous around someone I really like.

So we met up at out smoke breaks in the designated smoking area. I smoked a beedie and Derry smoked a Newport (I was still a virgin to cigarettes). Don and Nikki went one way and Derry and I went the other.

"So I hear you headed North on highway 35? ", he said.

I was slightly confused, my face expressed this. He then explained that Nikki told him I was ready to leave Dallas, for the lack of male companions.

He said, "Hopefully, I can change that."

Don who?????


That quickly, my broken heart was no more than a mere broken ego. The Don that had me crying all night, the Don that had me and Nikki sleeping at the truckers stop, becuase I was too shattered to help drive back to Dallas, the Don that had broken up with me. I had forgotten about, that easily.

Derry and Don came over one night after work and we all chopped it up for a minute. I could sense that Derry and I had strong chemistry, which Don and Nikki lacked. Needless to say, Don and Nikki, never hooked up again.

Derry and I continued with our courtship, stemming from lunch breaks where we would stare deeply into each others eyes, blocking out the outside world, until some hater bitch came along to break our concentration. He was a hot commodity at work and so was I. But "back yo bitch asses up" he had me and I had him.

The first night I went to his crib I was amazed. It was clean. For 3 men to be rooming together ( one his crazy, funny, Gemini brother Thrill, and his childhood friend, Slick), it was pretty neat. Derry even cooked me a meal while we blew doe doe (thats what they call fiii weed in Dallas) and watched "The Dirty Third"(try saying that real fast over and over...*lol*). I fell asleep in his arms.

I fought my sleep for this was my first time in this man's home, with strange male roommates. However, he was a gentleman, my blouse was still in tact, and his hands weren't ravishing me, once I awoke. He told me I was sleeping like a baby and I looked so beautiful sleeping. At that point, I felt safe and knew that he was trustworthy. I went back to sleep.

It had gotten late and we had to be at work so I ended the night. We had our first kiss, which turned into a second, third, forth, and fifth. I almost got lost in the kiss and almost stayed there that night, but I stopped us and went home.

Hormones raging....its been a while, remember?????

TO BE CONTINUED....

10 comments:

Omar Ramon said...

Yo , stop pullin a bossmack on us and leavin us hangin!.. you know I wanna hear the rest! My twin think she slick lol. P.S. THAT IS A FLY ASS PIC OF YOU I LOVE I!!!!

Nika Laqui said...

Eww, I hate that pic...but thanks hun...
I shoulda put on some make-up, but my beauty is natural...(me being vain..*lol*)

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

to be continued.....where tha fuck did you get that from? LMFBAO!!!!

I see you babygirl.

Janelle said...

Suck us in and leave us hanging...

Prophetess said...

Girl, you so cra-zee! I 'member that doe-doe shit! LOL! The city of Dallas got some whack ass shit these days. Aint nobody selling that good shit NO MORE! These days, you lucky to get some good popcorn...

It's about time I can post comments now! I started feeling like I was in the Twilight Zone: talking but can't nobody hear my words. I just got in from that funky ass Anger Mgt. bullshit. Bitch tried to make me feel bad because I won't get angry like the rest of them fools. Go figga...

Good to be sitting at your table again, Little Momma. Be good!

Prophetess said...

Oh yeah: Niiiccceee page now. That other thing was distracting.

What's happening with The Beauty Is A Beast?

Rashan Jamal said...

OK, I'm hooked, then what happened...

Paula D. said...

Hanging on the edge of the cliff! Can't wait to read the rest!

Knockout Zed said...

Where's the bonin'? I need the bonin'.

KZ

Nika Laqui said...

Go to the beat ya meat section for all that...*lol*