Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Lauren London/Nsaneleesane KING Interview....


Here's an excerpt:
Don’t be fooled by the baby face. Sure, actress Lauren London looks PG-friendly, but what the just-turned-21-year-old black-and-white blend craves are R ratings. Violence and sexual themes included, this Los Angeles native is partial to pistol-packing movie men with street-type spidey sense. “There’s no way I should be tougher than my man,” she says. “I can’t go to rough areas and have my man get nervous. That’d be straight bitch!” Gotta love angels with dirty mouths.

So you want a man who’s both honest and thug?
An authentic gangsta—that deletes about half the rap game off your list. I love guys who are street. I won’t even give soft guys a chance. Menace II Society is my shit! Caine was like my first crush. Actually, O-Dog was my true dream guy. I was in love with him, from that opening scene where he pops the convenience-store worker. He had me from that gunshot [laughs]. He was ’hood, and I loved that.






Honesty is the first quality I look for in a man. He has to be able to be honest with his feelings and able to express them to me. He has to be honest with his sexuality as well.
As far as a thug is concerned, I do look for a man with thug qualities. Qualities such as slanging anything other than marijuana, hanging on the block with the homies all day, in and out of jail, are not the qualities I look for in a thug. Bottom line it comes down to knowing how the hood operates, keeping ya guard up, and having a sense of danger and knowing how to get out of jeopordizing situations.

This is where being a thug clashes. Thugs have to maintain a hard exterior and emotions are out of the question. Thugs usually have no book intelligence. Nas said it best, "Make sure he a thug and intelligent too..." Have you ever tried to get deep with a thug? Impossible, depending on the thug... Thugs with intelligence are far, few, and in between.


So dudes without rap sheets need not apply?

I can tell immediately how lame you are. For me, too soft is, after I give you my number, you call every day. “I want to take you to dinner. You’re the future!” Dude, you don’t even know me. You’ve known me for two weeks and you love me? I don’t get that. That kind of rush job might freak me out at 21. I’m not ready for marriage!

I can tell a lame when I see one as well. I can't stand lames, however, I don't want my man to have a rap sheet, but I would expect him to have some problems with the law at one point, got out of the trouble, unscathed, and learn from that experience to not make a career of it. I more so want a "reformed thug". He's been there, done that, but can see the bigger picture and can relate to and educate the younger generation that that's not the route to take.
I definitely don't want a man I can tell what to do and he does it, all the time. Where's the challenge in that?

Smart girl. Monogamy is so overrated. When you have a man—what kind of wifey are you?
Well, it’s funny because one of my dream roles is to be in a movie like Boomerang. The women characters are so strong, and how Robin Givens flipped the script on his ass! That’s so not me, though—that’s why I’d love to play it. I’m so Halle Berry’s character.

Monogamy is definitely overrated, but I can be in a monogamous relationship as long as my partner is as open in his sexuality as I am, that way our lovemaking will never get boring. We will always find new and exciting ways to please each other and fulfill each others fantasies.

As far as being domesticated, yes, I cook, clean, do laundry, tend to the children, etc. No, I don't want to be Susie Homemaker, I will have my own money, job and goals. Therefore, housework will be shared, because the bills will be shared. In a relationship, one hand washes the other. I scratch your back you scratch mine. As long as, there is trust, honesty, and respect, we can work on the rest.....

18 comments:

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Sounds like you wanna fuck with tha BossMack, It could be US against tha WORLD!!! I just fuckin witcha, You got some difficult requirments there. Niggaz got to be supermen out here.

Prophetess said...

LOL, girl, at this post and your last post. I'm getting dick from every which way, but I still keep wandering off into these weird sex fantasies/dreams/nightmares. What the fuck is WRONG with me? Oh yeah: I gotta tell you about this dream I had last night about me, "Nikki Parker" (M'onique), and that Serial Dating mofo at the strip joint last night. Actually, that shit was a NIGHTMARE!

I've never heard of Lauren London, but girl is off the hizz-ook! I love a tough, rough, "thug". But not because I like to be abused or anything like that. These are the mofos who know the streets and don't mind breaking a sistah off with some of the street knowledge, you know? Teach me how to survive the Streets, negro, okay? My beloved Marvin was the love of my life, girl!

He could hustle and make shit happen; a boss ass nigga. Taught me most of the shit I know. Alas, drugs... sad waste of his life. He taught me all the tricks to the Game. I miss him.

Didi Roby said...

Nice...Nice.

I can feel her on the rush thang, however, I love Monogamy...that one on one feeling is like heaven to me...I did say to me:) I love the thought of loving just one man and one man only...thee man:)

:)

Nika Laqui said...

DiDi, I feel you, that is something very special...but if I get bored, it his job to make sure I don't get bored...and do whatever it takes to keep me interested and satisfied...

Insanity, thats what I'm talking about...teach me how to survive. My daddy wasn't a thug, but he had no choice but to know how to survive living in the jects...but My G' was the first to take me by the hand and give me the streets 1 on 1....I always felt safe with him. Even when we was riding around with a "pack" and a "thumper" under the hood. I knew that if we did get popped off, he would get out of the shit, one way or another.

BossMack- Whats so hard? Being honest and true with your feelings? I didn't think I had many requirements...

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

everybody want a semi-thug...lol...that's funny......i've never heard of that chick...lauren london...where should i know her from?...you'll find the dude...

Nika Laqui said...

She co starred in ATL with TIP, she was in Pharrell "Frontin" video...

Drama Kween said...

good stuff...i am not even going to try and answer none of those questions...lol

Mr.Slish said...

Leave those thug niggas alone and just find someone that respects and cherishes the person that you are. Any man can make a woman feel safe all he needs is the oppurnity. Don't count a brotha out cause he did the right thing growing up in the hood. Staying out of trouble is waaay more difficult that getting into it.

nikki said...

i'm with mr. slish on this one. i think it makes the whole "finding a brotha worth my time" way more simple and doable.

Nika Laqui said...

I feel you Mr. Slish...I'm not counting a dude out cause he stayed out of trouble...that's even better...Living in an enviroment but not becoming a product of it...that is definitely more difficult.

However, a lame basically is someone who doesn't know what to say and when. I have left the thug niggas alone...somewhat..*lol* But yes someone that respects and cherishes who I am is definitely a keeper, as long as he not lame....lame to the game...

The Brown Blogger said...

And now you gotta do a whole post on exactly what a 'lame' is. Let's break this down, shall we?

I can't do the thug thing anymore... overrated, and dangerous to my freedom. I like respect, honesty and monogamy, that excites me because there is a new challenge to be a better man to a sister every day.

But that's just me...

Nika Laqui said...

Hassan, thats not just you, I can't do the thug thing anymore for reasons you said...That would be a great post...

I'll work on that next....
I definitely need to address that, because I think some may have misconstrued what I meant by a thug...I don't want a thug per se, but I don't want a lame...

MZPEACH said...

I didn't even read her answers. You were on point with yours. You can't get deep with a slow ass thug..lol.

LUVIN ME said...

I know exactly where you are coming from on this one. When I first met my man, I thought he was kind of soft. He was just too nice. We would just meet up for sex-capades, and I liked how he got straight to the point...handled his business, and left. But after I got to know him, and see how he was in his environment, I saw that he was only that way with ME. His parents were kind of snobbish, but he and his siblings were nothing like him. I liked the way he was with his friends and fam. He couldgo from being straight hood with his brothers to rockin' a business suit and being gentle with women. I think the versitlity is what turned me on. He knew how to act, and when to act on things...

NegroPino™ said...

THats why I appreciate me a "SQUARE" someone who aint skurred to get DIRTY but aint THUGGIN it like that. some ppl take that shit way too seriously.

Rashan Jamal said...

i came late and missed the discussion. Great answers though

The Humanity Critic said...

Damn, I love that girl..

Auspicious Breaker said...

I just wanted to say that I love your Nas quote. He really knows what he's talking about and wants to let these people know what's up.

I don't think too many girls are as smart as you....they want the thug period..and don't realize the kinda trouble they get into when they just pick some rowdy talkin' rough neck who really ain't about nothing important.

I'm very happy with my girl, I don't think she cares what I'm like. I think one of the rare dudes that fits your description....I mean, I put that all on Christ though because he's the one that turned me around after I got done with my dirt.

I enjoyed the blog post...hope you find the type of guy you're looking for.

Peace