Wednesday, September 20, 2006

MOVIE MEME

Thanks T.Cas for providing me with fodder for my blog. I've been busy at work and being a new hire, I refuse to access the internet, although its tempting.......

And I can't wait for the next episode of the Real World.....

But since I'm a girl that LOVES movies, I love this meme....so I made time for it....


MOVIE MEME:

1. First movie you remember seeing on the big screen

I know that my mother took me to see some movie, however, the first movie I remember is.....

HellRaiser....it was my 11th birthday and my mother took me and my friends to see it, and then a nice dinner. I remember having to cover my eyes for the nasty scenes while my friends peeked through their coats, they fast ass....they was already fucking....

2. Movie from which you can quote multiple lines in your sleep?

Friday, Juice, Menace to Society, What About Bob?, Groundhog Day, the list goes on and on....

3. Director (dead or alive) with whom you’d like to have dinner?

Spike Lee....

4. Movie that should have won an Oscar but didn’t.

I'm with T. Cas on this one, X....

5. Movie that didn’t disappoint despite being an adaptation of a book.

I hated the movie for "A Brave New World", but the book was great.


6. Movie you were dragged to by someone else expecting to hate but loved.

Puddy dragged me to see Inside Man, when I really wanted to see "ATL", but I enjoyed Inside Man, more than I enjoyed, ATL.....

7. Movie that still scares the crap out of you no matter how many times you watch it.

Judgement Night....although I know what happens in the end I still fear for their lives....
My favorite line: "No, no, you can't just TAKE my money, but you can take my money...."- Dennis Leary

8. Movie that still makes you bawl no matter how many times you see it.

The Color Purple and The Professional....at the end when Leon knows he's gonna have to take on the entire police force and "Matilda" refuses to leave him, but he gives her his plant, the plant he showed so much love........and she kept it and grew it, so it would have roots......*crying* SIKE, but if I saw it I would be....

9. Movie that still has you rolling around on the floor with laughter no matter how many times you’ve seen it.

Half Baked.....Saving Silverman....Joe Dirt.....

10 Favorite movie from before you were born:

Education of Sonny Carson, JD's Revenge, Fritz the Cat.....

11. Random movie fact about you:

I like to rewind the movie if or when I miss something, or if something is so funny, I might rewind it 50 times...or if I want to memorize an important line.....

12. Have you been in any movies?

The one I made....*lol*

But on the real, I coulda been an extra in that rollerskate movie with Bow WOW and Nick Cannon, they filmed it in my hood....but I wasn't on that......I did walk past the set and saw how they actually did things....

Can anyone tell me the name of that movie? I think it was Roll Bounce?.....

10 comments:

NegroPino™ said...

saving SIlverman was funny as hell..another cult fave....
I dont remember crying during the Professional but that movie was crazy wasn't it...The COlor Purple and Lion King make me teary eyed. Im a wuss anyways.

LUVIN ME said...

The Color Purple got me too. I still cry when I see it. I also love all movies with Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington...

Prophetess said...

Girl, whatchu doing? Working hard, or hardly working? LOL! Daps on your new gig, sis! You holding it down, aintcha?

I finally saw Hotel Rwanda the other night. I cried; it is an excellent movie. I missed Spike Lee's joint When The Levees Broke... The last time I cried was when Queen Latifah (Cleo) got blasted by the 5-0 in Set It Off. She shoulda got an Oscar for that, LOL!

Rashan Jamal said...

Can we hear more about this movie you made? LOL

I forgot all about Judgement Night. That was a pretty good movie.

Nika Laqui said...

Negropino- That was so funny when Jack Black told due outta jail "WE GOT GHOST!"....*lmao*
I love Jack Black...
I would tell people, they can't stay with me cause "WE GOT GHOSTS!"....*lol*

Luvin Me- I can't watch Color Purple sometimes cause its too emotional....

THANKS ROB MACK!!
"JD Walker the BossTalker, The WaterWalker"....(*lol*) was the shit, Glenn Turman was the shit!

Southern Gal-They killed Cochise....I always wanna cry too, cause I know where he was killed, right there on the WESTSIDE, on Lake Street....

JoJo- I'm tryna WOW them, I'm tryna move it on up....I got a plan, plus, I've been off of work so long, I miss working...so I'm working hard...
That was sad when Cleo got lit up!
I almost wanted to cry....

T.Cas- That movie is soooo old news....in my young and reckless days...its nothing...its kinda lame if you ask me....

Judgement Night is my shit!

Anonymous said...

im gone do this one insane, yep I gotta get this I love movies...I would say im a movie buff, well maybe

ShawnQt said...

You is so Hood, I love it!

TTD said...

yeah.. it was roll bounce.. cute movie.. i think i woulda been an extra. just to say "i'm in a movie" lol!

hope the new gig is going well!

a.Marie said...

You made it click when you said "The Color Purple"...that's my joint.

One!

BrownSugga said...

UNDER THE CHERRY MOON MADE ME CRY. ESPECIALLY WHEN MY HUSBAND GOT KILLED AT THE END.