Friday, September 29, 2006

LONG LOST LOVE

As I sat in my job training class today, a fellow employee mentioned, how she was reconnected with her long lost love. She found him on a chat room. In a way, I was jealous, hell, I want to see my long lost love. Its been on my mind for a while now.




I've been making up scenarios in my mind, if I should ever cross his path:





At the Grambling vs Prarie State game (which I'm not going to cause I can't stunt how I want).





At one of the clubs and how I would end up ditching my date or 2Pac if I did run into him (once I'm able to stunt how I want).







Or just in route to or from work, in traffic or on the bus.







They all seemed farfetched, but I like daydreaming, so at least its real in my mind.






Anywho.....







The girl mentioned how they met up and tried to rekindle their passion.





My response: "I wish I could find my long lost love."








So as the hours passed, which seemed like eternity, I was speaking with some other classsmates. One guy stated how he wish he had someone to ride the bus and train with, so that he could catch a few winks. He wasn't worried about getting poked(robbed), but more worried about missing his stop.




They then began to ask me, "Is that how is it in Chicago?"


I looked at them like, "I would think that's how it is anywhere....Chicago or not?"


I retorted, "Hell yea, you betta not fall asleep on no damn bus....or sleep with one eye open..."


I quickly ended that conversation cause it was 5:00pm and time to punch out. (Had I waited one second later, I would not have experienced what I experienced today)


I have 16 minutes to walk to Kaeven's school and get to the bus stop in order to catch my bus.





I made it to Kaeven's school in 4 minutes flat.





BEHOLD....




I see a familiar face....



I take a second look and call his name....




He doesn't recognize me......





I say, "Its Thelma. You don't remember you used to call me Thelma all the time?", from Good Times....





He say, "Hey whats up girl?!" ( A lightbulb goes off in his high head)





"All them your kids?" (3 kids)




"Yea..."












"Where is yo brother, Derry?!?!?!?!"






"He stay right up the street"(I knew he wasn't too far)








"Tell that nigga to call me, I been looking all over for him. Give him my number!"








"I sure will. I'mma call him right now when I leave."








"Did yo family make it out of the N.O.?"







"Yea, they did. We were there just last week. It was so sad to see our home like that."











"Well, I'm glad they aiight. I'm mad you didn't know who I was!"

















"Thats cause you have your hair different."

(That nigga looked high as giraffe pussy. He was straight in a zone.)







"I'll holla at you, Joe!"

















"Aiight Joe!"









My face hasn't been so bright since I been here. It always makes you feel better to be, "Where everybody knows yo name...."


I still have 7 minutes to spare til the bus arrived.




So I got home and told my father, to guess who I saw today, and he guessed his first try.


My dad says, "Why you ain't get Derry's number?"













"Cause, I don't just go around asking for people's numbers....besides, what if he done got married on me or something, ya know? I don't know his situation..."










So now, I wait for the call....




And wait.....



And wait......






And the phone rings......




"Hello..."






"HEEEEYYYY BAAAABBBY" ( in that New Orleans accent), " I been looking for you for over 3 years..."


"No, I been looking for you..."




"I knew I was gonna find you either here or in Chicago. You see how fate works?"




Then he goes on to tell his homie, "This is my better half, I found my favorite girl!!!!"




I'm so glad he ain't married, he has no women in the picture(so he says).....and we shall see each other again, tomorrow!!!!



OMG!!!, I'm so flustered......elated, overjoyed......I can't believe the power of speaking things into existence.....




Yall know how long I been talking about finding this man.....

How long I been missing him.....



He been missing me too......

11 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

"Just don't be bringing me no babies all up and thru here... Aiight? It's bad enough Ricky got this one. Ain't you Furious' son? Tell your daddy I said hi!"

Nika Laqui said...

No mo kids for the kid, ya dig....


ANd yes, my daddy is "FURIOUS"...*lol*

Thanks, I'm callin him that for now on....*lol*

NegroPino™ said...

Girl i hope it works out..cant have u all heartbroken and shit..i was just reading this book today about htis girl and her first love finding each other after 3 yrs....crazy...maybe that will happen to me
Have a fantabulous weekend!!!!!

LUVIN ME said...

Dang...That was fate!

I hope thing go well with you guys...

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I blogged on my best (male) friend (translation: pro'lly shoulda been my husband). He found me not even a day after I wrote it. He won't just come out and say that he read my blog and knew it was me (from the catch phrase).

18 yrs seemed to chip away at his facade because he's been an open book ever since. Just sharing so much of himself with me. I even fell asleep talking on the phone with him... just like old times.

That feels good.

I hope it goes the same, if not, better for you too.

mrs.tj said...

That is so crazy how fate works...I still be thinking about my first love even though I'm married. All I can really do is go to his myspace page, look at his pic and remenise (sp.) LOL! Have a good weekend chick!
Holla!

Blah Blah Blah said...

No lie... I went back home to California for Labor day and ran into the man who "I coulda married"... after 3 years of not seeing this man.
Maybe it's the number 3?

Hope all works out how you like it *wink*

Rashan Jamal said...

Good Luck, Nika! I hope it all works out the way you want. I went through something similar this year and it turned out to be a fucking disaster, so I need you to represent for us. LOL

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Girl, you are preaching to the choir when you talk about speaking things into existence. I am a firm believer in that. The person I'm looking for just popped up on TV on that reality show, "So you think you can dance" I know that sounds cazy ass hell but it is so true. One of my ex boyfriends e-mailed me and told me he was on there. But I still know that he is going to make his way back to me.

BTW....Higher than giraffe pussy...that was freakin', hilarious!

That Girl Tam said...

Sounds like something promising...keep us posted.

Ms.Honey said...

Awww i'm living through you right now..I always wonder what it would be like to glance at him from across a crowded grocery store, bus station or airport and run into his arms and he tell me that he's been missing me like crazy...then I slap myself awake LOL...glad you get to live it...